Dylon Machine Dye
Bright and beautiful to rich and intense shades, DYLON Fabric Dyes for machine use offer all the colours of the rainbow to choose from.
Dylon fabric dyes are simply bursting with a whole spectrum of colourful possibilities, so if you feel like a change, you can wake up your wardrobe, revive faded fabrics, dresses, tops or just brighten some cushion covers with colour and ease giving them a new look
With Dylon's innovative formulation you no longer need to add salt, so it’s even easier to add some colour to your world.
DYLON Machine Dye Instructions
The shade you achieve will depend on 3 things:
1. FABRIC TYPE
• Cotton, linen & viscose will dye to full shade
• Polyester/cotton & polyester/viscose mixes will dye to lighter shade
• Wool, silk, polyester, acrylic, nylon & fabric with special finishes e.g. ‘dry clean only’, cannot be dyed
2. FABRIC AMOUNT
• One pack will dye up to 600g of fabric (e.g. jeans, bath towel, double sheet) to the full shade & up to 1.2kg of fabric (e.g. double duvet) to lighter shade
• Multiple packs will dye larger amounts to full shade, e.g. 2 packs for 1200g (e.g. double duvet) or 4 packs for 2kg (e.g. curtains)
3. ORIGINAL FABRIC COLOUR
• You can change one strong colour to another (or dye it to a lighter shade) by using DYLON PRE-DYE which lightens before you dye, ready for colour change.
• Otherwise colour mixing rules apply, e.g. blue dye on red fabric gives purple
• Patterned fabric will often still show through
• Weigh dry fabric to ensure you have sufficient dye
• Wash thoroughly, even if new, to remove stains or any dressings that can not be seen
• Wearing rubber gloves, empty full contents of pack(s) into drum (not the soap dispenser)
• Put in damp unfolded fabric
• Run 40°C cotton cycle (do not use pre-wash, economy or half load cycles)
• When complete, add detergent & run 40°C cotton cycle again
• Remove fabric from machine, add detergent & run empty 40°C cycle to clean machine
• Dry fabric away from direct heat & sunlight
•Our promise: This dye won’t damage your machine or affect subsequent washes
• Use in front loading automatic washing machines. Do not use in launderette machines.
• Don’t dye more than half machine’s maximum load to avoid crowding which will give patchy results
• Don’t use more than five packs of dye at once
You do not need to add salt with the new DYLON 350g packs of Machine Dye
• Dyeing may not cover stains, faded areas or bleach marks
• Should any dye be left in machine after dyeing, add cup of bleach to drum, add detergent as usual & run machine empty on 40°C cycle
• After dyeing, wash separately or with similar colours for first two washes to remove any excess dye
• Polyester stitching will not dye
Always read the full instructions in pack before use.
- Product Code: Dylon Machine Dye (600g)
- Availability: In Stock